C945 is a general-purpose NPN transistor that widely used in a variety of commercial and educational electronic circuits. It comes in a TO-92 package, this transistor can drive max load around 150mA that is enough to operate many devices in a circuit for LEDs, Relays, ICs, transistors and other parts of electronics circuits. The saturation of this transistor is only 0.3V DC it is also a good feature of this transistor. Moreover, the transistor is also a low noise device and has a good DC current gain that is 70 to 700.
Features of C945 Transistor
- Type of Pacage: TO-92
- Type: NPN
- Collector Max Current(IC): 150mA
- Collector-Emitter max Voltage (VCE): 50V
- Collector-Base Max Voltage (VCB): 60V
- Emitter-Base Max Voltage (VEBO): 5V
- Collector Max Dissipation (Pc): 400 milli watt
- Transition Max Frequency (fT): 200 MHz
- Min & Max DC Current Gain (hFE): 70 – 700
- Max Storage and Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +150 Centigrade
Alternate Of C945 Transistor
It can be replaced with 2N2222, 2N3904, 2SC1815, 2SC3198 nowadays BC547 is a good alternate of this transistor. The pin configuration of Some transistors is different from C945 so check pin configuration before replacing in the circuits.
PNP Complementary of this Transistor
NPN Complementary of C945 is A733, BC557,Bc558 and BC556B.
Applications of C945
- It is used in Sensor Circuits
- Use in Audio Preamplifiers
- Use in Audio Amplifier Stages
- Use in Switching Loads under 150mA
- It is also used in Darlington Pairs
- RF Circuits also used C945
Uses of C945 Transistor
This transistor has a good DC current gain and low noise due to this it is suitable to use in audio amplifier circuits stages or for the amplification of other electronic circuits. Saturation voltage of mostly BJT transistors is 0.6V DC but the C945 has only a transistor which has 0.3V saturation voltage due to this feature it can perform well in low voltage circuits or in any circuit where low base voltage is available.