In this project we have design a Digital Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35 Temperature sensor. The temperature will be directly displayed on LCD. LM35 temperature sensor can read temperature in Centigrade and it is used to measure temperature from -55 °C to +150 °C range. The output voltage are directly display temperature in centigrade. So Digital Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35 Temperature Sensor detail is given below with full detail.
Following Components are required to design this temperature thermometer.
- Arduino UNO Board
- LM35DZ Temperature Sensor
- 16*2 LCD (Display kit)
- Bread Board/PCB
- Connecting Wires
- Battery 9v
Arduino is an open source hardware platform for project development purpose. We have used Arduino as microcontroller to control the process of this thermometer project. There are many types of Arduino boards like Arduino UNO, Arduino pro mini, Arduino mega Lily pad etc are available in the market or you can also build one by yourself.
Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35
Circuit diagram of the whole project is given below with full pin detail.
Connection Between Arduino and LCD are as follows
Connect all pin in the given below detail
- The pin 1,3,5,16 of LCD to the GND
- The pin 2,15 of LCD to the VCC (5V).
- The pin 4 of LCD to pin D8 of Arduino.
- The pin 6 of LCD to pin D9 of Arduino.
- The pin 11 of LCD to pin D10 of Arduino.
- The pin 12 of LCD to pin D11 of Arduino.
- The pin 13 of LCD to pin D12 of Arduino.
- The pin 14 of LCD to pin D13 of Arduino.
- Pin 1st of LM35 to 5V of Arduino UNO
- 2nd pin to Analog input pin A0 of Arduino UNO
- 3rd pin to GND
Source codes or programming for Digital Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35 Temperature Sensor is as. Copy these code and write on Arduino IDE according to the method as you know already.
#define sensor A0
byte degree =