Analog Devices LT8228 Synchronous Buck/Boost Controller
LT8228 is a 100 V bidirectional analog device that boosts DC/DC controllers to provide sustainable power in electric vehicles and in hybrid systems. With built-in circuit breaker and other protection ability, the LT8228 is designed for high-reliability systems. It is used in industrial, automotive, medical, military, and avionics devices for high protections.
Important Features of LT8228
- Current Regulation or Bidirectional Voltage
- Bidirectional Reverse Current Protection
- Input/Output Negative Voltage Protection
- Bidirectional Current Limit and Boost DC current Short Protection
- MOSFET Switching Short Detection and Protection
- Gate Drive 10v
- 100v Input and Output Voltage Range
- Voltage Tolerance: ±1.0% Over Temperature
- Programmable Current Regulation and Monitoring
- Self-Test, Diagnostics and Fault Reporting device.
- Programmable Fixed Switching Frequency: 80kHz to 600kHz
- Dynamic Current Limit and Programmable Soft-Start
- Fault-Tolerant Current Sharing
- 38-lead TSSOP package
LT8228 analog device automatically detects the direction of power flow so the direction can be externally controlled. MOSFETs protect against negative voltages in input and output functions.