MJE13009 transistor is a semiconductor device made of silicon material. It is NPN transistor that mainly used for switching and amplification purposes. The power dissipation of this transistor is 100W and the emitter-base voltage is 9V that is the amount of voltage needed to bias the device.
MJE13009 Tranistor Pinout
The MJE13009 transistor carries three terminals known as:
All these three terminals are used for external connection with the electrical/electronics circuit. The given below figure shows the pinout diagram of MJE13009.
The pins carry different doping concentrations. The collector terminal is a lightly doped terminal while the emitter terminal is a highly doped terminal compared to other terminals. Similarly, the base pin is 10-times more doped than the collector pin.
Characteristics of MJE13009 Transistor
- Package: TO-220
- Type: NPN
- Emitter-Base Voltage: 9 V
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: 400 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: 700 V
- Collector Current: 12 A
- Collector Dissipation: 100 W
- DC Current Gain (hfe): 8 –40
- Transition Frequency: 4 MHz
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature : -65 to +150 °C
MJE13009 Working Principle
The base terminal is responsible for the overall transistor action (active and deactive). When voltage is applied at the base pin of transistor, current will start flowing from collector to emitter terminal. biasing depends always on base voltage in all tranistors.
Replacement and Equivalent for MJE13009 transistor
You can replace the MJE13009 with the KSE13009, FJP13009 or MJE13009G.
MJE13009 Power Ratings
Absolute maximum ratings of MJE13009 is given in the table given below
|Absolute Maximum Ratings of MJE13009|
|Pin No.||Pin Description||Pin Name|
|1||Collector-emitter voltage is||400V|
|2||Collector-base voltage is||700V|
|3||Base-emitter voltage is||9V|
|4||Collector current is||12A|
|5||Power dissipation is||100W|
|6||The Base current||6A|
|7||Operating and storage junction temperature range||-55 to 150C|
- Used in voltage regulator circuits.
- Employed in the switched-mode power supply.
- Used in H-bridge circuits.
- Employed in Bistable and Astable multivibrators circuit.
- Used to support loads under 12A.
- Installed in the motor control circuit.
- Employed for switching and amplification purpose.
- Used in modern electronic circuits.
MJE13009 Physical dimensions