- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of cloud computing
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Architecture
- Types of Cloud Computing
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- PLATFORM AS A SERVICE (PAAS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud Computing
- Virtualization in Cloud Computing
- Types Of Virtualization In Cloud Computing
- Cloud Service Providers
Virtualization in Cloud Computing
This article is about Virtualization in Cloud Computing, the Concept behind virtualization, the Benefits of cloud virtualization, and the types of virtualization in cloud computing. Virtualization is a way of fast technology that can use to create virtual representations of servers, storage, networks, service, and other physical machines. The functions of physical hardware are to run multiple virtual machines simultaneously on a single physical machine. Businesses use virtualization for growth in a market that uses their hardware resources efficiently and get greater returns from their investment. It is also known as power cloud computing services that help organizations manage infrastructure.
Concept Behind Virtualization in Cloud Computing
The Creation of a virtual machine existing on an operating system and hardware is defined as Hardware Virtualization. A Virtual machine provides an environment in which underlying hardware is logically separated. The machine on which the virtual machine work and create is known as Host Machine and that virtual machine is referred to as a Guest Machin, It is more efficient.
Why is virtualization important?
By using virtualization, you can interact directly with any hardware resource with greater flexibility. Physical servers consume energy and take storage, services, and maintenance. You are often limited through physical proximity and network design if you want to access them. Virtualization removes all these things by abstracting physical hardware functionality into software. You can manage, maintain, and use your hardware infrastructure like an application or software on the web. In other words, one of the main cost-effective, energy-saving, hardware-reducing, and techniques that makes it useful and important. Virtualization shares a single physical instance of a resource or application that can share among multiple users and organizations at one time.
Suppose a company needs servers for three functions:
- Run a customer-facing application to Store a business email securely
- Store business email securely
- Run internal business applications
Different configurations are required for the functions so
- The customer-facing application requires a Linux operating system and high processing power to control huge volumes of website traffic. The email application provides more storage capacity and a Windows operating system.
- The email application requires more storage capacity and a Windows operating system.
- The internal business application requires (iOS) and internal memory (RAM).
after meeting these requirements, the company sets up three different dedicated physical servers for each application and service. The company must make a high initial investment and perform ongoing maintenance and upgrades for one system at a time. The company at this level cannot optimize its computing capacity. It pays 100% of the servers’ maintenance costs but uses only needed capacities of their storage and can processing capacities.
BENEFITS OF VIRTUALIZATION
There are a lot of benefits of virtualization in Cloud Computing. Some top benefits are discussed below with the indulgence of nuances that helps in a progressive comprehension of Virtualization’s importance in the context of Cloud Computing.
- Virtualization is a more flexible and efficient allocation of resources.
- Virtualization enhances the development of productivity and makes it easy.
- Virtualization makes lowers the cost of IT infrastructure.
- Virtualization can Remote access and rapid scalability.
- Virtualization High availability and disaster recovery.
- It Pays peruse of the IT infrastructure on demand.
- It enables running multiple operating systems.
Types of Virtualization in cloud Computing
The most popular virtualization types are given below
- Application Virtualization.
- Network Virtualization.
- Desktop Virtualization.
- Storage Virtualization.
- Server Virtualization.
- Data virtualization.