This article is about Computer Graphics Basic Concepts. Computer graphics/CG are any drawing/image/media, usually movies and pictures that are created on the computer screen through the use of hardware and software. Computer graphics are often referred to as computer-generated anything. An example of a computer graphic is given in this picture.
Why Computer Graphics is Important
Some key points are given below to understand the importance of the basics of Computer Graphics. This is a basic overview of the Computer graphics study important.
- Understanding information: Visualization is the basics for dealing with complex data.
- Improved communication with computers: Graphical and audio interfaces help understand anything in groups.
- Better product designs: Designers can explore more things in less time with the help of computer graphics.
- More economical designs: Design databases can be tested electronically, reducing dependence on the complex.
- Better Manufacturing: Design databases can be transmitted to robots for manufacturing.
Uses Of Computer Graphics Technology
When we read about the Computer Graphics Basic Concepts, we try to understand the use of computer graphics. Below we are giving a list of use of computer graphics.
- To Develop User Interfaces
- Use In Hypermedia
- Use In Presentation Graphics
- Electronic Publication
- Office Automation
- Computer-Aided Design
- Engineering (VLSI, complex machinery)
- It is Used In Chemical Analyses
- Use In Demographic Studies
- Use In Financial Planning
- Use In Cartography
- Use In Particle Behavior
- Use In Medical (ultrasound, CT Scan, MRI, PET)
- Use In Meteorological Studies
- Use In Photograph Enhancement
- Tutorial Software and Book Writing
- Process Control
- It Is Used In Computer networks, Monitoring of power plants, airplane traffic, tornados, and Traffic Signals Electricity.
- Feature Films and Dramas
- Animated Programs In multiple Adventure
- Virtual Reality (functions, etc)
- Console, Arcade, PC Games
- Flight Simulators
- Factory Simulation
- Graphic Arts
- Video painting, etc.
Subfields of Graphics
According to many experts, there are eight fundamental areas of computer graphics. These are discussion able.
- Mathematical Structures
- Spaces, points, vectors; dust, curves, surfaces, solids.
- Description of objects and their attributes, including:
- Primitives (e.g., pixels, polygons)
- Intrinsic Geometry
- Attributes (color, texture)
- Connectivity (scene graphs)
- Dynamics (motion, morphing)
Techniques for object modeling, including:
- Polygon meshes
- Solid Geometry
- Particle systems
- User Interfaces
- Human interfaces, input-output devices, color theory, workstations, interactive techniques, dialog design, animation.
- Graphics Software
- Graphics APIs; paint, CAD, draw, and animation software; modeling and image databases.
- Graphics Hardware
- Input output devices, specialized graphics card for specialized architectures.
- Abstract to device coordinate transformations, the synthetic camera, windows, viewports, clipping, etc.
- Realism, physical modeling, ray tracing, radio, visible surface determination, transparency, translucency, refraction, reflection, shading, shadows, surface and texture mapping, etc.
- Image Processing
- Image description, storage, transformations, filtering, enhancement, pattern recognition, edge detection, and object reconstruction.