Artificial intelligence (AI) is a wide range branch of computer science to build smart machines capable of performing tasks like a human. It is an interdisciplinary branch of science with multiple approaches but advancements in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually usually in all types of sectors.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
The use of artificial intelligence is endless. This technology can be applied to many different sectors like medical, industries, security systems and etc. AI is also used in the medical sector for dosing drugs and different treatment in patients and also using for surgical procedures in the operating room. Artificial intelligence is also used in communications and traveling that play chess and self-driving cars. Artificial intelligence is also being used in the financial sector to detect economic conditions in banking and finance.
KEY TAKEAWAYS for Artificial intelligence
- Artificial intelligence refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines.
- The main goals of artificial intelligence include learning, reasoning, and perception.
- AI is being used across different industries including finance, a law in order and healthcare.
- Weak Artificial intelligence tends to be simple and single-task oriented, while strong AI is complex and human likes.
Categorization of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is divided into two categories: weak and strong.
Weak artificial intelligence is also known as Narrow Artificial Intelligence. When it is used to design for a particular job like Video games such as chess is an example of weak artificial intelligence.
Strong artificial intelligence systems are systems that perform tasks like a human. Strong AI is used for more complex and complicated systems. They are programmed to handle situations like human thinking. They have the ability to solve the problem in different ways according to the situation.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE EXAMPLES
- Smart assistants
- Disease mapping and prediction
- Designing robots
- Optimized healthcare treatment
- Conversational bots for customers in marketing
- Filters email from spamming
- Social media monitoring tools to save dangerous material
- TV show recommendations