In this article, we are going to explain Solar Power Advantages and Disadvantages. Nowadays everybody is aware of solar technology now almost in every home solar power is used in any shape. Solar power becomes most important to gain energy free and to save the cost of electricity. As the population of the world is increasing oil prices are going to increase day by day and most countries use electricity produced by oil power plants and due to this electricity cost is also going to increase.
So this is the best alternate resource to produce power freely at home with very low investment forever.
Solar Power Advantages and Disadvantages
Solar energy has a lot of advantages here we are discussing the advantages and disadvantages use of solar power.
Advantages of Solar power
- Solar power energy is pollution free
- This technology reduced dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels
- It is available every day of the year, even in cloudy weather produces energy but less amount
- No maintenance needed solar panels last over 30 years
- It is also a great source of employment for solar panel manufacturers, solar installers, etc. and in turn, helps the economy
- You can also sell Excess power to a company or to near hoses
- Electrical grid free if all power generated provides enough for the homes
- Solar systems can be installed virtually anywhere
- Use cell or batteries to store extra power for use at night
- Safer than traditional electric current its big advantage in controlling pollution
- Efficiency is always improving so the same size solar that is available today will become more efficient tomorrow
- Manufacturers are improving the solar panel more versatile compared to older models; i.e. printing, flexibility, solar shingles, etc.
- Governments are also encouraging to shift solar power by Federal grants, tax incentives, and rebate programs are available to help with initial costs
- Solar can be close to or at the place of installation so no storing area is needed
- Return on investment, investment return within a few years
- Solar can be used to heat water, power homes and buildings, and so on
Disadvantages Of Solar energy
Solar technology has only a few disadvantages over advantages some are mentioned below:
- High initial costs for material and installation but one time
- Needs lots of space to run a large system that is mostly not available in urban areas
- need for a large battery bank because no solar power at night
- Some people are not satisfied with this technology
- DC power devices are more expensive and not durable
- The size of the solar panels varies for the same power generation in a different location
- Cloudy days become great trouble in some cases
- Due to a lack of material and technology solar pannel ore is not producing as needed
- Lower solar production in the winter months