In this fast forwarding area of technology, the main aim of all mobiles phone and computer companies is high resolution graphics. The demand of users for a crystal clear graphics with high visibility is increasing. Now the advanced graphics being used in our smartphones too. We mostly hear that the graphic is not supporting or insufficient, but mostly people does not know the details about the graphics. So here we are going to discuss some Computer graphics important questions. These questions are also very important for the students who are reading computer graphics subject in their course.
Question 1. What is computer graphics?
Answer- The term computer graphics include every thing on computer that is not text or sound. It is an art of drawing pictures, lines. charts, images etc. We draw these all by using computers with the help of programming. Graphic designing is done by using various softwares for computers which can produce the 3-D images in the required shape and dimension. Computer graphics help us in getting display on computer screen.
Question 2. Write the important applications of computer graphic?
Answer- Following are the applications of computer graphic
- Computer Graphics is used in the field of computer design.
- It is used to produce test pics for reports or to generate slide for with projections.
- Computer graphic are widely used in both fine arts and for commercial applications.
- The artists use a combination of 3-D modeling packages, texture mapping, drawing programs and CAD software.
- In the field of entertainment computer graphic methods are now commonly used in making motion pictures. music videos and television shows and etc.
- Computer-generated models of physical, financial and economic systems are mostly used as educational fields.
3. What is meant by scan code?
When a key is pressed on the keyboard, the keyboard controller places a code carry to the key pressed into a part of the memory called as the keyboard buffer. This code is called as the scan code.
4. What is meant by refreshing of the screen?
Some method is needed for maintaining the picture on the screen. Refreshing of screen is done by keeping the phosphorus glowing to redraw the picture repeatedly. (i.e.) By quickly directing the electronic beam back to the same points.
Question-5 What are the raster and vector graphics?
Answer- The Raster and Vector graphics can be defined as-
RASTER- In computer graphics raster graphics or bitmap graphics, are digital images that are composed of tiny rectangular pixels. Almost all types of images on computer screen are raster graphics.
The file size of a raster image depends on the size of the image, and the number of pixels being used in the image. This means that an image with a 1280×720 resolution will contain 921,600 pixels while a full HD 1920×1080 image will have 2,073,600 pixels in numbers.
VECTOR- A vector graphic is a type of image. Vector images are graphical representations of mathematical objects such as lines, curves, polygons . These graphics are generated by computer and they follow x and y axis as their reference definition.
The Quality of Vector graphics remain same on big and small size of image but in raster graphics quality decrease when we increase the size of and image.
Question-6 Write the difference between vector and raster graphics?Answer-Following are the differences between vector and raster graphics-
- Raster or Bitmap images are made of rectangular pixel and image quality will decrease while we increase the size of raster size.
- While vector based graphics are not dependent on resolution. The size of vector image image can be increased or decreased without affecting picture quality.2Raster or bitmap images are always rectangular in shape and vector graphics can have any shape.
- Raster image is realistic image but Vector image is not realistic image.
Question-7 What is scaling in computer graphics?
Answer- In computer graphic, image scaling is the process of resizing an image presented on screen. Scaling is a non-trivial process that is way quality will be changed with travailing. In raster image as the size of image is increase the quality of image will be decrease.
Question-8 What are the hardware devices used for computer graphics?
Answer- The hardware devices used for the computer graphics are given below
Input Devices: These divices are used to get input for computer such as
Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, Light pen, Touch screen, Joystick, cam and etc.
Output Devices: These devices are use to get output from the computer such as Raster Devices- CRT, LCD, LED, Plasma screens, Printers Vector Devices- Plotters, Oscilloscopes.
Question-9 What are the features of inkjet printers?
Answer- Some features of inkjet printers are as follows:
- They can print 2 to 4 pages per minute.
- Resolution is about 360d.p.i. Therefor produced better quality.
- The part that requires replacement is ink cartridge so, Operating cost is low.
- Four colors cyan, yellow, magenta, black are used.
Question-10 What are the advantages of electrostatic plotters?
Answer- Some advantages of electrostatic plotters are:
- They are faster than pen plotters and produced very high quality prints.
- The most modern electrostatic plotters includes a scan conversion capability.
- Color electrostatic plotters are also available. They make multiple passes over the paper to plot produce color picture.
Question-11 What is meant by scan code?
Answer– As a key is pressed on the keyboard, the keyboard controller places a code carry to the key pressed in to the part of the memory called as keyboard buffer. This code is called scan code.
Question-12 Define Random and Raster scan displays?
Answer– In computer graphics: Random scan is a method in which display is made by electronic beam, which is directed only to the points or parts of the screen where picture is to be drawn.
Raster Scan Display: The Raster scan system is a scanning technique in which the electron sweep from top to bottom and from left to right. The intensity is turned on or off to light and un-light the pixel.