What is Java programming
Java programming is a general-purpose high-level programming language and computing platform released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. Almost all applications and websites work with java at the current time, and more are created day by day by using this technology. Java is a secure, fast, and reliable programming language. It is using in-game consoles for scientific supercomputers, laptops for data centers, and cell phones for the Internet.
Java Programmings Used for
It is very popular and has covered this field from the early 2000s until the present. Java has been used in different applications. Some important are listed below:
- Banking: Java is used to deal with transaction management.
- Information Technology: It is designed to solve implementation dependencies.
- Retail: Applications that you see in a store that is completely written in Java.
- Android: All Android applications are written in Java or Java API.
- Financial services: Server-side applications are written in Java.
- Stock market: Algorithms to track the investment of the company.
- Big Data: Hadoop MapReduce framework is written in this language.
- Scientific and Research Community: It is used to deal with a huge amount of data.
History of Java Programmings
Java is developed by James Gosling and his team named Mike Sheridan and Patrick Naughton in 1995 for Sun Microsystems for digital devices such as televisions, set-top boxes, etc.
What is Java Programming
Java is an object-oriented language similar to C++ with advanced and simplified features. It is free to access and can be run on all platforms.
- Concurrent: you can execute many statements at a time instead of sequentially executing it.
- Class-based: It is a class-based object-oriented programming language.
- Independent: “Write once, Run anywhere” It is an independent OOP language.
Features of Java Programming
Simple: Java removed all the complexities which were in C++ such as pointers, and operator overloading.
Portable: Java is a portable object-oriented language which means that applications written in java can be easily ported to another platform.
Object-oriented: Everything is considered to be an “object” every object passes state to another object to complete execution.
Secured: After compilation code is converted into bytecode, which is not readable by a human. It does not use an explicit pointer and runs the programs inside the sandbox. It enables to development of virus-free, tamper-free applications.
Dynamic: It has the ability to adapt to an evolving environment that supports dynamic memory allocation and in this way memory wastage is reduced.
Robust: Java eliminates errors as it checks the code during compilation and runtime.
High Performance: Through the use of bytecode java performance is very high because bytecode is easily translated into native machine code.
Interpreted: Java provides a run-time environment.
Components in Java Programming
- JVM (Java Virtual Machine)
- JRE (Java Runtime Environment)
- JDK(Java Development Kit)