Digital Thermometer Using Arduino And LM35 Sensor
In this project, we have designed a Digital Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35 Temperature sensors. The temperature will be directly displayed on LCD. The LM35 temperature sensor can read the temperature in Centigrade and it is used to measure temperature from -55 °C to +150 °C range. The output voltage directly displays temperature in centigrade. So Digital Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35 Temperature Sensor detail is given below in full detail.
Components Required Digital Thermometer
Following Components are required to design this temperature thermometer.
- Arduino UNO Board
- LM35DZ Temperature Sensor
- 16*2 LCD (Display kit)
- Bread Board/PCB
- Connecting Wires
- Battery 9v
Arduino is an open-source hardware platform for project development purposes. We have used Arduino as a microcontroller to control the process of this thermometer project. There are many types of Arduino boards like Arduino UNO, Arduino pro mini, Arduino mega Lily pad, etc available in the market or you can also build one by yourself.
Thermometer Digital Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35
The circuit diagram of the whole project is given below with full pin detail.
The Connection Between Arduino and LCD is as follows
Connect all pins in the given below detail
- The pins 1,3,5,16 of LCD to the GND
- The pin 2,15 of LCD to the VCC (5V).
- Pin 4 of LCD to pin D8 of Arduino.
- Pin 6 of LCD to pin D9 of Arduino.
- Pin 11 of LCD to pin D10 of Arduino.
- The pin 12 of LCD to pin D11 of Arduino.
- Pin 13 of LCD to pin D12 of Arduino.
- Pin 14 of LCD to pin D13 of Arduino.
Connection Between Arduino and LM35 sensor
- Pin 1st of LM35 to 5V of Arduino UNO
- 2nd pin to Analog input pin A0 of Arduino UNO
- 3rd pin to GND
Source codes or programming for Digital Thermometer Using Arduino & LM35 Temperature Sensor is as. Copy this code and write on Arduino IDE according to the method you know already.
#define sensor A0
byte degree =