2N2222A Transistor is a common NPN widely used in general-purpose low-power amplifying or switching circuits. It contains some of the best features in its little package. Packaged in the TO-18 type. Max collector dissipation of the transistor is 625MW which makes it ideal to use in audio amplifier stages and output amplifier to drive the small audio speakers.
The 2222 transistor used in all types of circuit operating under 40v DC because max collector-emitter voltages of the transistor are 40V. It allows a maximum of 800mA when it is fully biased (saturation stage). When the base current has removed the transistor 2n2222 becomes fully off, this stage is called the Cut-off Region.
Features / technical specifications of 2N2222A
- Package Type: TO-92
- Transistor Type: Bi-Polar high current NPN Transistor
- Max Collector Current(IC): Continuous Collector current (IC) is 800mA
- Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 40V
- Maximum Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 75V
- Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 6V Base Current(IB) is 5mA maximum
- The Collector Dissipation (Pc): 625 milliwatt
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 300 MHz
- DC Current Gain: (hFE) is 100
- Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +150 Centigrade
Equivalent of 2N2222A Transistors
MPS2222, PN2222,BC637, S9014, 2N2907(PNP), 2N3904(PNP), 2N3906 (PNP), BC148, 2N4403, KN2222, KTN2222.
Compliment of 2N2222A Transistor
BC557 is good compliment of 2n2222a transistor.
Where to use this transistor
This transistor is similar to the commonly used BC547 transistor. But there are two important features that difference between 2N2222A and BC547. The collector current up-to 800mA and also has power dissipation of 652mW so, it can drive larger loads than compared with BC547.
- It is used in switching applications because it has good switching feature
- Speed control of Motors.
- It is used in Inverter and other rectifier circuits
- Can be used in Darlington Pair because of high performance.