The BC108 is general-purpose low power silicon transistors. It is low power silicon NPN bipolar junction transistors. It is mostly used the transistor in almost all types of electronics projects and equipment. BC106 and BC107 are the same as BC108.
The BC547 is a modern low-cost member of this family, still in a through-hole package, while the BC847 is the surface-mount version.
Characteristics of the BC108 bipolar transistor
- Type – NPN type
- Type Designator: BC108
- The material of the Transistor: Si
- Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 30 V
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: 20V
- Emitter-Base Voltage: 5V
- Collector Current: 0.1A
- Collector Dissipation: 0.3 W
- DC Current Gain:110 to 800
- Transition Frequency:150 MHz
- Operating Junction Temperature Max (Tj): 175 °C
- Noise Figure – 2 dB
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature Range -65 to +175 °C
- Package: TO18
BC106 BC107 and BC109 are low noise general purpose amplifiers description. They are silicon type metal case transistors. They are fit for use in driver stages, low noise input stages and signal processing circuits.
Equivalent of BC108
you can replace it with BC547 Transistor Because BC547 is easily and low-cost equivalent of this transistor.
SMD version of the BC109 is MMBTH10 (SOT-23)
Complementary PNP transistor
BC177, BC178, and BC179 are the compliment of BC109