2n2907 transistor is PNP Bipolar transistor available in metal can package, having a high 600mA value of current with low voltage of 40v. Transistor 2N2907 being is fully biased when positive current is given to base. This transistor is having gain value of 100-300 which shows the amplification capacity. It is also used for the amplification and switching. When the transistor is fully biased it allows a maximum of 500mA current through the collector and emitter of 1.6v its called saturation region. When the base current is removed the transistor is in off state it is called Cut-off region.
Transistor 2n2907 pinout:
|Pin No.||Pin Name||Explanation|
|1||Emitter||Current Drains in through emitter|
|2||Base||Controls the current between collector and Emitter|
|3||Collector||Current flows out through collector|
Features of 2n2907 Transistor:
- Type of packages – TO-92,
- These are Lead (Pb) free devices
- Having a high value of current (maximum. 600 mA)
- Low voltage value (maximum. 40 V)
- maximum Collector to Emitter voltage (VCEO) is(40v maximum.)
- Collector- to- Base voltage (VCBO) is 60volt
- Emitter- to- Base voltage(VEBO) is 5volt (normally)
- Max value of Collector current is 600mA
- Power dissipation at ambient temperature is about 400mW
- Having DC current gain (hfe) of 100 – 300 (maximum)
- Temperature of operation & storage is -65 to +150 °C
The 2N2907 transistor in a TO-92 package:
Electrically similar transistors in a TO-92 package: PN2907, MPS2907, KN2907, KTN2907
Compliment of 2N2907:
The compliment of 2N2907 is 2N2222a
2n2907 equivalent SMD:
The SMD versions of the 2N2907 are available as the PMST2907 (SOT-23), 2SB710A (SOT-23), FMMT2907 (SOT-23), FMMT2907R (SOT-23), KN2907S (SOT-23), KTN2907S (SOT-23), MMBT200 (SOT-23), PMBT2907 (SOT-23) and KTN2907U (SOT-323).
2N2907 as Switch Circuit:
When transistor 2907 is used as switch it works two regions saturation region and cut-off region. By default, this transistor is in ON state, but not to be said perfectly on until base pin is not connect with ground. As we apply negative current to base pin transistor 2n2907 will be fully biased and said to be turned ON. When we applied positive current to the base transistor turn off.
2907 transistor use as Amplifier:
The 2907 can be used as amplifier because it allows high current gain 600mA to pass through collector to emitter. Three configurations used in an amplifier circuit are common emitter, common base and common collector. It is used for low amplifier circuit mostly used in 1st stage amplifier.
Applications of 2N2907:
- It Can be used in Darlington Pair.
- Also, can be used for making siren or dual Led or Lamp flasher.
- Used in the various switching applications.
- It is used for low power amplifications.
2n2907 to92 datasheet:
To read about datasheet of 2n2907 transistor pleased click