Ic741-pin-configuration-features: Lm741 ic is the most commonly used op-amp integrated circuit. It is a voltage amplifier ic, it inverts the input voltage at the output, It can be found almost everywhere in electronic projects. It is an 8 pin op-amp IC.
Lm 741 Pin Configuration
Lm 741 op-amps Ic pin configuration and testing are given in detail in this article. Usually, this ic is numbered counter-clockwise around it. It is 8 pins integrated circuit and provides superior results in integrator, summing amplifier, and general feedback applications in electronics devices. These are high gain op-amp the voltage on the inverting input can be maintained almost equal to Vin.
Pin configuration of lm 741 op-amp ic is given below
- Pin 1 is the Offset null.
- Pin 2 is the Inverting input pin.
- Pin 3 is a non-inverting input pin.
- Pin 4 is a negative voltage supply.
- Pin 5 is an offset null pin.
- Pin 6 is the output voltage pin ic.
- Pin 7 is a positive voltage supply.
- Pin 8 has no connection.
The 741 op-amps are used in two ways such as an inverting and a noninverting.
An Inverting Amplifier
In IC 741 pin2 is the input pin and pin6 is the output pin. When the voltage is applied through the pin2 the output comes from pin 6(output pin). When the polarity is positive at the input, the polarity that comes from the output is negative and vise versa. So the output is always reverse.
In an op-amp, lm 741 IC pin3 is the input pin and pin6 is the output pin. When the voltage is applied through the pin3 then the output comes from the output pin 6. When the polarity is positive at the pin3, then the polarity on pin6 is also the positive output that remains the same (non-inverting).
lm 741 IC Applications
The many circuits are designed by using lm 741 ic. like an active filter, converting current to voltage, converting voltage to current, Ac/Dc converter, Voltage follower, summing amplifier & hold circuit, etc.
- IC lm 741 Op-Amp is used in based variable audio frequency oscillator
- It is also used in adjustable Ripple Regulated Power Supply.
- It is also used in a based 4-channel audio mixture circuit.
- This IC Op-Amp based automatic light operated switch using a light-dependent resistor
- It is used a DC volt polarity indicator
- IC lm741 can be used in an e-room thermometer
- IC lm741 Op-Amp based Bug Listening
- IC lm741 Op-Amp based Microphone Amplifier.
Characteristics of IC lm 741 Op-Amp
Some important characteristics of 741 IC are given below
- The Input impedance of this IC is more than 100kilo-ohms.
- The low output of fewer than 100 ohms.
- The frequency range is from 0Hz- 1MHz in amplifiers.
- Low offset voltage and current is also an important character of this ic.
- It can gain approximately 2,00,000 volts.