- Computer graphics
- Difference Between DEM and RUM
- Computer Graphics Basic Concepts
- Display Processor in Computer Graphics
- Interactive and Non-interactive computer graphics
- Types of Computer graphics
- Differences between Vector and Raster Graphics
- Different Types of Input Devices and functions
- Types of Display Screens
- Different Types of Hard Disk Drives
- Computer Graphics Important Questions
- Campark Trail Camera
Types of Display Screens
In this article, we are going to explain different types of display screens. Display screen means the display portion of a monitor. Most display screens work under the same principle as a TV, using a cathode ray tube (CRT). Inconsequently, the term CRT is often used in place of the display screen.
Different Types of Display Screens
There are many types of display screens in modern electronics some import and basic display screens mostly are as follows.
- CRT Monitor
- Flat panel display
- Gas plasma Display
CRT monitor is the most common type of display screen, it lookup like a TV. It can display text & graphics.
The wording of CRT Monitor
It uses a cathode ray tube (CRT) to display a photo on the screen. CRT consists of one or more guns that fire a beam of electrons, inner the screen.
The screen is coated with small phosphor dots from the insides. The beam of electrons repeatedly falls on the surface of the screen. Every beam fall takes only a part of a second. CRT in color monitors consist of three guns these guns create red, green, and blue (RGB) colors. The other colors are created with a combination of these three colors.
Flat panel display
Flat-panel monitors took less space and are lightweight. These monitors use very least power than CRTs.
Notebook computers or Laptop computers use flat panel monitors. The flat panel display is made up of 2 plates of glass. These plates contain a substance betwixt them. The substance is activated in different ways.
Types of technologies used in flat panel display screens
liquid Crystal Display
This form of display screen contains a substance called liquid crystal (LC). The molecules of this substance line up in such a way that light behind the screens is blocked or allowed to create a photo.
Electro Luminescent Display
This form of display screen contains a substance that shines when it has charged with an electric current.
Gas plasma Display
This form of the display screen is similar to a neon bulb. The display has used a gas that emitted light in the presence of an electric current. It is a very much expensive technology. It is not usually used.
Advantages of flat panel display
These advantages of flat panel display over CRT are as follows:
- It takes less desk space.
- It is used less energy than CRT monitors.
- It is used liquid crystal technology.
- It weighs less than CRT.
- It has been used for notebook computers, cellular phones, personal computers, and PDAs.
- It does not emit harmful radiation.