- Computer graphics
- Difference Between DEM and RUM
- Computer Graphics Basic Concepts
- Display Processor in Computer Graphics
- Interactive and Non-interactive computer graphics
- Types of Computer graphics
- Differences between Vector and Raster Graphics
- Different Types of Input Devices and functions
- Types of Display Screens
- Different Types of Hard Disk Drives
- Computer Graphics Important Questions
- Campark Trail Camera
Different Types of Input Devices and functions
In this article, we are going explain Different Types of Input Devices. An input device is a special type of peripheral device that allows making communication along with the processing unit of the computer system. Computer input devices are mostly to be used for recognizing the input data that are provided by users for solving their problems. Input data has many variants like as text, images, audio, and video. These input devices allow transferring data from input devices to computer systems.
Different Types of Input Devices
There are different types of input devices some most common input devices are as follows :
- Pointing Devices
- Game Controller Devices
- Audio Input Devices
- Audio Output Devices
- Visual and Imaging Devices
These are primary input devices because pointing devices create the input interface, with the help of this interface user help to control and feed the instructions to the PC using physically moving handheld devices like a mouse and more. Control all positions of the pointer on the screen of the monitor using pointing devices.
Game Controller Devices
These types of devices are designed for playing games with connect to a computer or other gaming system console. The main role of game controller devices is to all individual objects, and characters in your game.
Audio Input Devices
With the help of audio input devices, users can send audio instructions to the computer for different tasks such as processing, recording, and more. Many audio input devices work with speech recognition programs because this software helps to translate spoken words into a text document.
Audio Input/Output Devices
Some functionality is required for audio and video conversion into hearing an able voice that our ears can hear these voices. This functionality may be special hardware and processing system, and this task can be fulfilled by “Audio output devices“.
Visual and Imaging Devices
Visual and Imaging Devices allow the user for providing input to the computer in the form of images and visuals.
- Webcam: This device uses to capture the real-time image, and it connects to the computer.
- Digital Camera: Digital camera is able to store all images and videos store in digital form (memory chip) instead film (reel).
- Digital Camcorder: Digital camcorder devices are able to record all video in real motion.
- Biometric Scanner: Biometric scanner devices are designed for security purposes because these devices are capable to identify persons.
- Barcode Reader: Biometric scanner devices are designed for security purposes because these devices are capable to identify persons.
Functions of Input Devices
To obtain all different types of data from various input devices such as the keyboard can allow only alphanumeric information and tracking device feed spatial information, and convert all data into machine language like as 0, 1 form. Finally calculated data provide to computer memory.
Computer Input devices are electromechanical devices which are providing help to users by allowing input into the computer system. But, the computer can not able to understand these data, so input devices help to convert this data into a machine-readable format that the computer can be easily understood by the computer system, and this translated data is stored in the main memory and then finally transferred to Central Processing Unit (CPU) for later processing.
Uses of Input Devices
There are a few essential uses of input devices; such as –
- To receive data from users forgetting to further process it
- To convert the provided data into binary form like as (0’s and 1’s).
- To broadcast the converted data into the primary memory of the computer