- Electronics Projects
- 1.5v to 220v AC simple inverter
- Build Simple AM Radio receiver at home
- Simple Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Circuits
- Single Transistor Amplifier Circuit
- 3.7v Lithium Battery Level Indicator
- LED Chaser using transistors
- Electronics Projects for Beginners
- Simple Latch Circuit Using Transistors
- DC to AC Power Converter circuit feature working
- Fire Alarm Circuit using Transistor
- Two Transistor Amplifier
- Laser Security System
- Music Operating Dancing LEDs light
- Volts Booster Circuit Using Ferrite ore transformer
- Touch switch circuit using Transistor
- Two transistor FM transmitter project
- LED Flasher Using Timer IC 555
- DC Voltage Power Supply Using The LM317
- Electronic Mosquito Repellent Circuit
- Light Dimmer Circuit 1000 Watts Using BT139
- Non-Contact Voltage Detector by using transistor
- How does entrepreneurship impact the economy
- 4 volts simple inverter project: explanation
- Flashing Police Lights Circuit
- Light Dependent Resistor, its types and applications
- 100 watts inverter circuit working and applications
- Stereo Audio Amplifier 5W Circuit using TEA 2025 IC
- Small High Volts using 2Sc 1815 transistor
- Electronic Doorbell Circuit using a 555 and CD4017
- Touch On Touch Off Switch Circuit Using 555 timer
- LM386 Audio Amplifier Circuit
- IC 4440 Amplifier Circuit
- Neon Lamp Circuits Working and Application
- Low Power Audio Amplifier Using integrated circuit
- Voltage Regulator Circuits using Transistor and Zener Diode
- Water Level Indicator Circuit Using Transistor
- LED Chaser using CD4017 IC
- Motion Sensor Light Switch
- Melody Generator Using IC um66
- Water Level Indicator Using IC
- Led Light to 220v AC
- LiFi Data Transfer System, WiFi vs LiFi
- How to Connect a CAR Battery | Polarity Checker
- Voltage Level Indicator Circuit
- Security Alarm Using PIR Sensor
- Battery Level Indicator Using LM 3914
- Single Transistor FM Transmitter circuit
- Different types of Capacitor
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) Types of LEDs
- Different Types of Relays
- Piezo buzzer features equivalent
- Clap Switch : Circuit and Its Working
- Different Types of diode, working and features
- PC817 Optocoupler Pinout, Equivalent, Features and applications
Clap Switch : Circuit and Its Working
An electronic device that can turn off by clapping is called a clap switch. It can control light appliances by users' clap action also. It was invented by Stevens, R Carlile, and E Dale Reamer in 1996. The main advantage of this circuit or device is that it is mainly helpful for a mobility-impaired person. The condenser mic is one of the main parts of the circuit that takes input clap sound based on the pitch of the clap. This article gives an overview of the clap switch. Electrical pulses are the desired input to the clap switch circuit.
What is Clap Switch
Definition: A clap switch is an electronic circuit or device that controls electrical appliances like tube lights, energy savers, and LED bulbs,s, etc with user clapping action. It is mainly useful for a person who cannot move from one place to other for switching on or off electrical or electronic appliances. Clap switch circuits can be designed in a variety of ways nowadays electronics students are designing these circuits by using decade counter ic 4017.
Circuit switch Circuit Diagram
This is a very simple circuit you can change its design according to your requirements.
PART LIST For Clap switch circuit
- Prototyping board (Roughly 1″ by 1″) or breadboard.
- 9v connector
- BC 547 transistor (NPN)
- BC 557 Transistor (PNP)
- IC 4017
- 22k resistor
- 470-ohm resistor
- 1k resistor
- 6v relay
- 9v battery
The following are the advantages of clap switch
- It is a reliable and low-cost circuit
- It is an advantageous technology for mobility-impaired person
- Automatically controls lights within a specified range by clapping action
- It provides good output efficiency and can control high loads.
The following are the disadvantages of clap switch
- The filter should be added to the circuit compulsorily for work.
- It is cumbersome compared to traditional control switches and it can be operated even by an unknown person.
The following are the applications of the clap switch
- to on or off LED light
- Air conditions
- Motor, etc.
1). Who invented the clap switch?
The main fonder of this idea and the circuit was R Carlile, Stevens.
2). When it was invented
The first clap switch circuit was invented on Feb 1996
3). Name two main applications of Clap Switch?
The two main applications are
- LED light
4). Is the Clapper a fire hazard?
No, the Clapper is not a fire hazard its saves
5). What is the main principle of a clap switch?
The clap switch converts sound energy into electrical pulses as input to the circuit and provides an output in order to control light appliances.
6). Can it work by all people claps
yes normaly it can operate by the claps of all persons but you can specify it's working like it will work with 2 or 3 claps or turned off by 2 or more than 2 claps.