- What is a transistor
- Darlington Pair transistor configuration and features
- Most Commonly Used Transistors
- Different Types of Transistors
- One Coin Newsletter
- Working of Transistor as a Switch
- C828 transistor Pinout, Equivalent, uses, working
- C945 Transistor Pinout, feature, Equivalent
- IRF740 N-Channel Power Mosfet Features, Application
- C1815 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Uses, Features
- IRF3205 MOSFET Pinout, Its Features and Application
- 2SA1015 Transistor, Pinout, Features ,alternate
- BC547 Transistor Pinout, Features, uses, working
- BC108 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- BC548 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Uses
- BC549 Transistor Pinout, Features
- BC550 Transistor pinout features
- BC556 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- BC557 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Features Features Specifications
- BC558 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- BC559 General Purpose PNP Transistor
- BC560 Pinout, Equivalent features
- BC847W Transistor pinout, equivalent
- TIP120 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent and Features
- TIP122 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Uses, Features
- TIP127 Transistor Pinout, equivalent & Features
- KSA1220 Transistor pinout, Features and other detail
- KSA992 Transistor Pinout, Features and uses
- TIP32C Transistor pinout Features and Applications
- 2N3904 Transistor Pinout, Features and applications
- 2N3906 Pinout, Features, Equivalent uses
- BD139 Transistor Pinout, Features, Alternate
- BD140 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- 2N2222A Transistor: Pin Configuration
- Transistor 2N2907 Pinout Features
- 2N7000 N-Channel MOSFET
- 2N7002 N-channel Logic Level MOSFET
- 2SA1943 Transistor Pinout, Features
- MJE13009 Transistor Pinout, Features
MJE13009 Transistor Pinout, Features
MJE13009 transistor is a semiconductor device made of silicon material. It is an NPN transistor that is mainly used for switching and amplification purposes. The power dissipation of this transistor is 100W and the emitter-base voltage is 9V which is the amount of voltage needed to bias the device.
MJE13009 Tranistor Pinout
The MJE13009 transistor carries three terminals known as:
All these three terminals are used for external connection with the electrical/electronics circuit. The given below figure shows the pinout diagram of MJE13009.
The pins carry different doping concentrations. The collector terminal is a lightly doped terminal while the emitter terminal is a highly doped terminal compared to other terminals. Similarly, the base pin is 10 times more doped than the collector pin.
Characteristics of MJE13009 Transistor
- Package: TO-220
- Type: NPN
- Emitter-Base Voltage: 9 V
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: 400 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: 700 V
- Collector Current: 12 A
- Collector Dissipation: 100 W
- DC Current Gain (here): 8 –40
- Transition Frequency: 4 MHz
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature: -65 to +150 °C
MJE13009 Working Principle
The base terminal is responsible for the overall transistor action (active and deactivate). When voltage is applied at the base pin of the transistor, current will start flowing from the collector to the emitter terminal. biasing depends always on the base voltage in all transistors.
Replacement and Equivalent for MJE13009 transistor
You can replace the MJE13009 with the KSE13009, FJP13009, or MJE13009G.
MJE13009 Power Ratings
The absolute maximum ratings of MJE13009 are given in the table given below
|Absolute Maximum Ratings of MJE13009|
|Pin No.||Pin Description||Pin Name|
|1||Collector-emitter voltage is||400V|
|2||Collector-base voltage is||700V|
|3||Base-emitter voltage is||9V|
|4||Collector current is||12A|
|5||Power dissipation is||100W|
|6||The Base current||6A|
|7||Operating and storage junction temperature range||-55 to 150C|
- Used in voltage regulator circuits.
- Employed in the switched-mode power supply.
- Used in H-bridge circuits.
- Employed in Bistable and Astable multivibrators circuit.
- Used to support loads under 12A.
- Installed in the motor control circuit.
- Employed for switching and amplification purpose.
- Used in modern electronic circuits.
MJE13009 Physical dimensions