- What is a transistor
- Darlington Pair transistor configuration and features
- Most Commonly Used Transistors
- Different Types of Transistors
- One Coin Newsletter
- Working of Transistor as a Switch
- C828 transistor Pinout, Equivalent, uses, working
- C945 Transistor Pinout, feature, Equivalent
- IRF740 N-Channel Power Mosfet Features, Application
- C1815 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Uses, Features
- IRF3205 MOSFET Pinout, Its Features and Application
- 2SA1015 Transistor, Pinout, Features ,alternate
- BC547 Transistor Pinout, Features, uses, working
- BC108 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- BC548 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Uses
- BC549 Transistor Pinout, Features
- BC550 Transistor pinout features
- BC556 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- BC557 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Features Features Specifications
- BC558 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- BC559 General Purpose PNP Transistor
- BC560 Pinout, Equivalent features
- BC847W Transistor pinout, equivalent
- TIP120 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent and Features
- TIP122 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Uses, Features
- TIP127 Transistor Pinout, equivalent & Features
- KSA1220 Transistor pinout, Features and other detail
- KSA992 Transistor Pinout, Features and uses
- TIP32C Transistor pinout Features and Applications
- 2N3904 Transistor Pinout, Features and applications
- 2N3906 Pinout, Features, Equivalent uses
- BD139 Transistor Pinout, Features, Alternate
- BD140 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
- 2N2222A Transistor: Pin Configuration
- Transistor 2N2907 Pinout Features
- 2N7000 N-Channel MOSFET
- 2N7002 N-channel Logic Level MOSFET
- 2SA1943 Transistor Pinout, Features
- MJE13009 Transistor Pinout, Features
BC556 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent
This article is about BC556 transistor pinout, equivalent, specifications, uses, and more details about this bipolar junction transistor. This is a general-purpose features transistor so, it can be used in a variety of general switching and amplification circuits. The collector-emitter voltage of BC556 is -65V therefore it can be used to drive loads up to -65V DC. This transistor is manufactured in three different part numbers BC556A, BC556B, and BC556C. The ending alphabet A show that the HFE value will be 110~220, the Ending alphabet B shows that the HFE value will be 200~450, and the ending alphabet C determined that the HFE value will be 420~800.
BC556 Transistor pinout diagram
BC556 Pin Configuration is given below in the diagram.
Features / Technical Specifications
- Transistor Type: PNP
- Package Type: TO-92
- Collector Current(IC) Max: -100mA
- Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE) Max: -65V
- Collector-Base Voltage (VCB) Max: -80V
- Emitter-Base Voltage (VBE) Max: -5V
- Collector Dissipation (Pc) Max: 500 Milliwatt
- Transition Frequency (fT) Max: 100 MHz
- Min and Max DC Current Gain (hFE): 110 to 800
- Maximum Storage and Operating temperature Should be: -65 to +150Centigrade
NPN Complementary of BC556 transistor
NPN Complementary of BC556 is BC546, BC547, BC548, BC549 and BC550.
Replacement and Equivalent
You can replace BC556 trnsistor with BC557, BC558, BC559, 2SA1016, 2SA1017, 2SA1082, BC880, BC879, BC490, 2N5821, 2N4403, A1015, A733, 2n2907 and BC327. The pin configuration of the alternate transistor may different from the BC556 transistor, so please must check the pin detail before using it instead of BC556.
SMD Version of BC556 transistor
The SMD version of the BC556 transistor is BC856 (SOT-23) and BC856W (SOT-323). These SMD transistors are of the same type and have similar parameters.
Applications of BC556 Transistor
- BC556 transistors can be employed in H- Bridge circuits.
- Transistor BC556 can also be employed in current mirror circuits.
- It finds applications in linear amplifiers.
- 556 is also used for impedance buffering.
- It is deployed for switching applications.
- BC556 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators.
- Employed for an Astable vibrator.
- It finds application in oscillator circuits.
- It is also used in comparator circuits.